3 Reel Slots
What are 3 reel slots?
Ask any slots enthusiast about classic slots aka fruities and they are sure to have a lot of good things to say about the all-time favorite 3 reel slot that has managed to retain its position in the world of online casinos. In the virtual world the 3 reel slot has three reels similar to what one finds in land based machines. The virtual wheels spin and alignment of symbols across a play line determine whether you have won or lost.
A 3 reel slot has three spinning wheels inside a machine or its equivalent in a computerized game. In a computerized slot the random number generator takes care of displaying the symbols across the payline. In this system the symbols on each reel can swap around or expand or shift. There may be more than one payline and players can bet on horizontal as well as inverted V or V or zig-zag or scatter paylines. However, as you will find, most classic slots will allow only a single payline but there could be an enhanced jackpot payout.
Play 3 Reel Slots for Free
How to play three reel slots?
- Get to know the payout percentages that the slot offers. The higher the RTP the more you will receive.
- Push button to activate payline and another button to activate credits per line.
- Press the spin button. The reels spin and then come to a stop. If you are lucky they stop at a winning combination then you are in money. If you bet on more than one line and land winning combinations you get paid across the lines. Your credits increase.
- If you feel like stopping and cashing out you can press the cash out button. In real world gaming you get a ticket that you redeem for cash at the kiosk. In online gaming you can withdraw money to your account.
- If you do not win you can continue to play by placing more bets until you exhaust your credits.
Some of the best three reel slots
- Microgaming is a well known provider of games and its Wheel of Wealth is a classic 3 reel slot with single payline and multipliers as well as a wild symbol. Wowpot is another slot from Microgaming as is Break da Bank.
- Playtech offers Magic slot with medium slot variance, Alchemist’s Lab with high slot variance and Safecracker classic progressive slot.
- NetEnt offers Jackpot 6000, Mega Joker and Super Nudge
- Play’n Go offers Eye of the Kraken, Fire Joker and Wild Melon.
- IGT offers Triple diamond featuring 9 paylines.
Best and worst features of 3 reel slots
- The best features of 3 reel slots are that they are easy to play and the ideal choice for new comers to gaming. There are fewer symbols, fewer betting options and fewer paylines.
- On the downside some of these very features could be undesirable for those who wish to bet big across multiple paylines.
Playing three reel slots smartly
- Know just how much you can afford to lose and know when to stop. If you lose consistently, it is not likely that your luck will turn for the better all of a sudden.
- Playing more lines may lead to more wins but, at the same time, if you lose, you also end up losing money fast.
- If you want a jackpot you have to bet maximum amount but a jackpot rarely happens so play for lowest amount the game permits.
- Bet more on one line rather than betting on more lines.
- Play the machine that allows the highest denomination.
- Start gaming at online casinos that offer no deposit bonus. You can try your luck and get a feel for the game. If you are lucky enough to win a large amount you can deposit money, meet minimum wagering requirements and then withdraw your winnings.